Howard Pulley Advanced Stats through 2017 EYBL Session #2
Advanced stats for individuals and the team’s four factors are included below. They reflect Howard Pulley’s eight games (7-1 record) in EYBL through today, April 30, 2017. Key individual highlights include:
- Tre Jones: 138.5 ORtg; 26.1% usage; 60.1% eFG%; 14.0% DR%; 44.2% assist rate; 12.7% TO rate
- Gabe Kalscheur: 128.9 ORtg, 22.2% usage; 28.2% %Shots; 63.5% eFG%; 44.8% 3FG%
- Daniel Oturu: 118.0 ORtg; 19.8% usage; 16.8% OR%; 24.2% DR%; 11.9% TO rate; 6.9 blk%
- Jarvis Thomas: 103.8 ORtg; 19.0% usage; 65.2% eFG%; 10.5% OR%; 17.5% DR%;
Continue reading Howard Pulley Advanced Stats through 2017 EYBL Session #2
Source? Be Careful With Your Nike EYBL Stats
The D1Circuit.com website looks nice and has some good information within it. However, when it comes to statistics, they’ve quickly proven to have major issues again in 2017.
In the past, we’ve approached D1Circuit with comments, but have been unable to find a willing ear.
Simply put, we’d recommend you double-check them as a primary source for statistics unless they put in some basic logic and controls for identifying bad data.
The latest example relates to Howard Pulley and their opening night game. Several in the Twin Cities media have stated 3-point shooting statistics for 2018 Gabe Kalscheur that don’t jibe with the NikeEYB.com site or Gamechanger.com.
Let’s take a look:
Continue reading Source? Be Careful With Your Nike EYBL Stats
EYBL 2015 Session 2: Howard Pulley Advanced Stats
Howard Pulley finished this weekend’s session with a 74-70 victory over Boo Williams. Pulley (3-5) had started the session with three losses, but an impressive 13 point, 12 rebound performance by 2016 center Brock Bertram helped propel the Panthers to the win.
Continue reading below for select team and individual advanced statistics from the weekend.
Continue reading EYBL 2015 Session 2: Howard Pulley Advanced Stats
July 12, 2013
Recruiting: 2015 PG Jarvis Johnson
Marquette University’s Buzz Williams was one of many coaches watching Howard Pulley beat the Travelers 90-78 in Peach Jam play this morning.
Playing alongside 2014 phenom Tyus Jones, rising junior guard Jarvis Johnson (DeLaSalle HS, Minneapolis, Minn.) took on a scoring role with 22 points on 7/11 shooting and didn’t turn the ball over in 28 minutes played. Johnson knocked down 4 of his 5 3-point attempts, bringing his effective field goal percent for the game to 81.8%.
Continue reading Recruiting: 2015 PG Jarvis Johnson
July 9, 2013
2013 EYBL Advanced Rebounding Stats
The table below lists rebounding statistics for all individuals who played at least 144 minutes (average of 8 mpg over 18 games). Notes to consider:
- Percentages were calculated by Late Night Hoops.
- Player statistics were obtained from the NikeEYB.com site.
- Data includes regular season games only.
- The following EYBL percentages marked the low-end of the top 10% in each category: 11.8 OR%; 19.2 DR%; 14.8 TotR% (i.e., if your OR% was 11.8% or better, you’re among the best 10% offensive rebounders).
- Per basketball-reference.com, for Big Ten players (minimum 350 minutes played), the low-end of the top 10% in each category in 2012-13 was: 11.6 OR%; 19.6 DR%; 14.7 TotR%.
- For Big East players: 12.0 OR%; 19.1 DR%; 14.9 TotR%.
- For NCAA D-I players: 10.9 OR%; 19.6 DR%; 14.8 TotR%.
If you have questions or comments, feel free to tweet @LateNightHoops, email LateNightHoops@LateNightHoops.com or use the Contact Us form. We certainly have insights and opinions on this data and specific players that can be shared with interested parties.
Continue reading 2013 EYBL Advanced Rebounding Statistics
May 29, 2013
Nike EYBL Session #4 Articles & Interviews
Late Night Hoops’ J.B. Bauer assisted several media outlets with coverage of the EYBL session in Eagan, Minn. this weekend. We’ll update this page with links and other notes as articles and interviews are published.
Continue reading Nike EYBL Session #4 Articles & Interviews